Through the years, ever since cyberattacks became a clear threat to the world, security has been at the front lines of keeping everyone safe. However, cyber attackers have grown bold and knowledgeable to find new and different ways to gain information to hit their targets. With the internet being the most dangerous place to be attacked from, IT Firms have created new security systems to defend from all the angles they know. Cisco has created a system that protects you and your users from being infected from attacks when you browse to websites that can either be safe or dangerous.
Cisco Umbrella is a Cloud-based ‘Secure Internet’ system that provides protection from Internet-based threats, for users wherever they go. Umbrella’s global network processes billions of requests a day, analysing and learning internet activity to determine where attacks are being staged, so it can block requests to unwanted and malicious destinations before a connection is even established.
So how does it work?
Umbrella uses DNS to forward requests from your network and users to the Umbrella DNS servers preventing threats over any port or protocol. With the help of roaming clients, which can be installed on your user’s devices, it can even stop threats over direct IP connections.
Umbrella can determine if a system is infected or comprised by the requests it is making. If we see that a device is sending requests to multiple known bad domains, it is likely infected.
Need an Umbrella ?
1) The user makes the request to browse to a website on the internet which results in a DNS request. This is sent to umbrella.
2) Umbrella analyses the request to find out whether the domain of that website is malicious or safe. If it is safe umbrella respond with an IP address.
3) The user’s device then connects directly to the domain as normal
4) If the domain is unsafe, Umbrella responds with an IP of a block page preventing the user from accessing the page.
What else does it offer?
Keeping it simple it provides:
- Fast and effective protection against threats such as malware, ransomware, phishing and more
- Protects with no added performance impact
- Protects when on and off the network
- Clear visibility of what’s coming through
- Can see what devices have been infected
- Fast deployment
Let’s get you set-up on a free trial to show you the power and security it offers!