Whilst most of us are working remotely from the comfort of our own homes due to the pandemic, IT departments are dealing with one of the busiest and pressured times to date.
Endpoints do not think of the even more strict and secure solutions that you as IT departments/Owners will need to look in to, decide which one is best, set up and roll out.
However, I doubt you have never thought of this more, especially if remote working was not really part of your business’s daily life previously.
Cyber-security is extremely important at the best of times.
Small businesses are just as at risk from cyber-security threats as larger businesses. A common misconception for small businesses is an idea that your business is too small to be a target – unfortunately, this is not the case. To cyber criminals, they are easier to penetrate.
Here at Re-solution, we solely work with and use Cisco ourselves because they have the world’s largest private threat intelligence team, they are an extremely trusted company and have been in the game the longest.
In this blog we are going to go through a few of our products/solutions we believe are the best for remote working securely. We will also provide some tips on how to remain secure in your own homes. Do not worry – we like to keep things simple & to the point!
Firstly, we have Cisco Umbrella, which is flexible, fast & effective cloud delivered internet security with flexible coverage on and off your network, at home or anywhere!
Umbrella enforces security at the DNS and IP Layers to block malware, phishing, and botnets BEFORE they hit your network or endpoint.
Everyone wants an easy day at work, don’t they? Umbrella requires minimum hassle but ensures that everything is taken care of. Set up policies and stop unwanted attacks within minutes.
Secondly, we have AMP (Cisco Advanced Malware Protection). A lot of endpoint solutions claim to block 99% of threats but what about that 1%?
AMP uncovers the riskiest 1% of threats you have been missing out in hours, not days or months!
AMP protects computers and servers from viruses/malware with next generation technology.
It blocks attacks BEFORE they target you – powered by Cisco Talos who block more threats than any other security provider in the world. Once a threat is seen anywhere, it is blocked EVERYWHERE!
It has knowledge about every endpoint, simplifies security investigations with advanced EDR (Endpoint Detection & Response) and has broader context on each endpoint.
Thirdly, we have Cisco DUO which is a multi-factor authentication which is easy, simple, and effective.
DUO is designed to be simple and friction-less for admins to install and even easier for endpoints to use. This is a NON evasive app, no one will have access to your phone or smart watch.
Extremely simple to install:
- You will receive an enrolment email or be prompted to set it up when you first log in to your account.
- You will then be prompted to download the free DUO app from your app store on your device(s).
- Scan the QR code on your computer screen with your phone and it will pair with your account.
- Next time you log in it will send a push notification to your phone/device to verify your identity showing the details of the log in to ensure it is legit. Approve and you are in!
- If you receive a notification that you did not provoke – deny authentication which will deny that access attempt and notify admins.
We offer free trials on all of these so you can see for yourself just how seamless they are to apply to your business. We are all about the highest security with the minimum hassle.
Finally, here are some simple tips for working from home
- Keep family members away from work devices. Whilst you may trust your tech-savvy employees to stay safe online, it is best to bear in mind that the work device will be exposed to young children and family members who may not understand the importance of cyber-security or realise that they could be clicking on a dangerous link.
- Invest in a sliding webcam cover, cyber criminals can hack webcams very easily, without your permission and this could cause not only an intrusion on privacy for the individual but also if there are sensitive documents around your physical workspace, hackers may be able to view these.
- Ensure your company VPN is as strong as it can be.
- Ensure you secure your home wireless network with strong passwords.
- Make sure your system and programmes are up to date.
- Use antivirus software. There is no way around it – you need it to be safe.
- Be aware of COVID-19 scams. There are multiple national phishing and scam campaigns doing the rounds now. If you receive emails with suspicious looking links or attachments related to Covid-19, do not open them.
- Create a good working environment. As no one knows how long this will last, it is a good idea to create a comfortable environment for yourself. Having your body ache with unergonomic working methods will definitely be no good for you.